AmigaGuide™ • A HyperText Documentation System|
Copyright © 1989-1994 Commodore-Amiga, Inc.
AmigaGuide provides a system-standard for on-line hypertext documentation. Developers can incorporate AmigaGuide into their applications to offer full context-sensitive help to the user.
An AmigaGuide window consist of a tool bar containing frequently used navigation aids and a view into the current node of the hypertext database. Figure 1 provides an example of what a typical AmigaGuide window looks like.
AmigaGuide features include:
- Supports a truly hierarchical hypertext database.
- Dynamic node host feature provides the application developer with the ability to incorporate live application data into their help system.
- Multi-level table of contents.
- Unlimited history of nodes visited, allowing a complete path retrace.
- Rich hypertext support.
- Supports multiple font attributes.
- Sophisticated paragraph layout.
- Allows links to be made to external AmigaGuide or text files.
- Clipboard support.
- Multi-colored text support.
- Advanced scripting support via ARexx.
- Utilizes DataTypes to provide picture, sound and animation support.
AmigaGuide is currently available for the Amiga and requires a minimum of AmigaDOS 1.3.
ARexx is a trademark of Wishful Thinking, Inc.
Amiga, AmigaDOS, AmigaGuide and DataTypes are trademarks of Commodore-Amiga, Inc.